The Scout Hut needs some love and care occasionally to keep it looking decent – and though we try keep it tidy, we need a bit of help.
Could you just donate an hour-or-so of elbow grease please?
Here’s how it works
We’ll be there on the morning of Saturday 12 March from 10AM to 1PM.
If you could just come along for 60-90 minutes anytime that morning to grab a brush / duster / screwdriver hopefully we can get the place looking a bit brighter without spending a fortune.
Please wear old clothes – just in case you get splashed with paint or similar.
As we’ll all be running around doing jobs, you can bring a child if you need to but you you will need to supervise your own children please with whatever job you pick up – it won’t be safe for them to be playing.
What are the jobs
We’re still working on a list, but just to show it’s not Mission Impossible, here’s some of the things on the list – hopefully none are that hard. Though if you do have any specialist skills let us know as they might be useful!
- Weed the side-and-front areas
- Paint skirting boards
- Clear all the cobwebs
- Take some rubbish to the tip
- Pressure-wash the front area / patio / side area
(if anyone could bring a pressure washer please that would be great)
- Touch-up paint on doors
- Clean garage roof edging
- Clean window and door frames
- Screw some drain covers on
- A bit more specialist:
- Fit a new water butt
- Clear gutters
- Fix leaky gutter
- Lay vinyl floor in toilets
- Put some unused equipment up for sale (take photo’s, post online, etc.)
- Fix faulty lock (anyone a locksmith?)
- Fix faulty doorbar
- Fix security light (anyone good up a ladder?)